HIM Consulting and Coding: Increase Your Cash and Reduce Denials
- Lack of experienced coders creating backlogs at your facility?
- Losing time and efficiency on temporary staff?
- Need more tailored solutions?
Medical coders are critical to your revenue pipeline. But the increasing shortage of well-trained coders often causes difficult-to-manage backlogs for providers.
Hiring temporary staff can actually increase the backlog while the new coders get up to speed. Meanwhile, delayed coding and other stopgap measures can be extremely expensive — and do not permanently solve the problem.
The Xtend Solution
Our HIM Consulting and Coding services offer better performance at lower cost than temporary, in-house staff — while ensuring accurate and timely coding of medical records.
The results? Decreased denials and increased cash for you.
What makes our services distinct?
- Customization. We provide coding solutions completely tailored to your unique needs. We can build a customized solution to supplement your coding resources, or provide complete or partial outsourcing of coding functions.
- An outstanding standard of quality. Quality is our cornerstone. We guarantee 98-100% accuracy and full compliance with all applicable coding guidelines. We use only certified and experienced coders based in the US. Our outpatient coders are AAPC-certified and have at least four years of specialized experience. Our inpatient coders are AHIMA-certified with a minimum of five years of hands-on coding experience. In addition, we take extraordinary care to train our coders, and we audit them weekly for both accuracy and productivity.
- Broad experience with DRG and E&M coding. We have expertise in professional and technical coding services for inpatient, outpatient and specialty coding as well as in hospital, physician clinic and surgery center environments.
- Value-added extra mile. Most coding service providers limit their role to simply coding records. But we deliver value-added services like billing edit (diagnosis and HCPCS code) review and reconciliation for immediate claims submission, DNFB reconciliation, documentation compliance reporting, evaluation of Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) requests, and educational feedback.
- Consulting. We can provide a comprehensive, accurate review of coding, billing and reimbursement practices for your HIM areas. We will also identify areas of risk and provide support and training to implement actions for optimizing your revenue cycle.
We have been amazed at the timely follow-up, attention to detail, and your willingness to customize our installation to meet our specific and unique needs.
Xtend Healthcare very quickly deployed an on-site team and designated key service center directors/managers to position Mee Memorial Hospital and Clinics for immediate cash flow improvement.
We have seen nearly a 200% increase in cash recovery of our accounts with balances under $2500.
West Coast Hospital
Many of the operational improvements that Xtend implemented will produce positive results in the upcoming months and years.