The countdown has begun. Your payments will depend on ICD-10!
Xtend Healthcare will give your staff the knowledge and training to keep your payments flowing after October 1, 2015 by offering an Assessment Team of AHIMA-approved ICD-10 CM/PCS trainers for small to medium-sized hospitals (up to 250 beds) and physician practices of any size.
- We will evaluate and identify how ICD-10 will affect the different areas of your facility and develop an ICD-10 project plan specifically for you.
- We provide coder education approved by AHIMA for both CM and PCS Code Sets.
- We provide documentation improvement education for physicians and other support staff.
Xtend's ICD-10 Assessment Plan
- Onsite assessment of current facility or physician practice. Teaming with your facility's ICD-10 champion, we will perform face-to-face interviews, collect additional information and input from the departments, and observe department processes and current technology. This will allow our teams to fully understand the readiness of your organization for change, gaps in education, required process changes, issues with charge management, resource requirements, and impact on your information systems.
- Development of a plan to meet your facility needs. We will compile all documentation and perform an integrated review, which includes collaborating with consultants from relevant areas. The team will review data collected, interview questions, and results of departmental observations. We will document additional questions or follow-up items and communicate to your project manager for appropriate distribution.
- Recommendations. We will present oral and written summaries of ICD-10-CM/PCS impacts and recommendations to your organization. Our report will also include our assessment of your facility's strengths and weaknesses with regard to culture, change management, and leadership; any findings related to systems compatibility, work flow procedures and processes; and documentation modifications that will be impacted by ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation.
- Physician education for the top 10 documentation areas of ICD-10. Focusing on needed specialty development, we simplify our education to be short but offer detailed sessions pertinent to the doctor. If possible, we will use the physician's own documentation to correlate ICD-9-CM/PCS to ICD-10-CM/PCS.
- Awareness training. We will provide task-oriented training for all other areas of the health network specific to utilization.
- Personalized coder training. We provide coder education at your site. Our training includes skill set development (anatomy, physiology, pharmacology) for coding staff members, depending on inpatient or outpatient coding assignments, along with specific ICD-10-CM/PCS education, knowledge checks, individual evaluations, and resulting production capabilities. (We recommend coding both ICD-9-CM/PCS and ICD-10-CM/PCS for at least 90 days prior to implementation.)
Additional Available Services
We offer remote coding services to supplement ICD-10 productivity shortfalls to include inpatient and outpatient services. We also offer AHIMA-approved coder training.
A true business partner, delivered what they promised.
They solved an issue with Medicaid that had been ongoing for nine months. It took them two days to identify and correct.
We needed a trustworthy partner that could provide a customized solution addressing our unique revenue cycle needs, guarantee results, use our specific processes and procedures, and respond quickly. Xtend delivered all of these.
Xtend management and staff displayed excellent technical competence and tenacity in pursuing the many billing/claim editing issues and account resolution/collection situations which needed to be addressed.