Self-Pay Services: Strengthen your cash flow. And your patient relationships.
With implementation of the Affordable Care Act, many patients face higher self-pay balances that can affect your facility’s financial position. We have long experience helping hospitals manage their self-pay accounts. Along with deep experience, we offer you technology and best-practice processes that are beyond the capabilities of most hospitals.
Our approach can strengthen your cash flow while adhering to patient-centered processes that help you maintain and enhance your relationship with the community.
We offer a dedicated, 100% USA-based team of self-pay customer service collectors and bilingual customer service representatives — each with an average or 5+ years’ experience.
Our solutions — all based on your requirements, not ours — include:
- A team of customer service representatives dedicated to your organization, including dedicated project managers/supervisors, plus a dedicated compliance team Our own state-of-the-art patient accounting system (IMS) integrated with an interactive, automated dialer, statement and letter generation, and address confirmation/cleansing services
- HIPAA-compliant, VPN-secure connectivity to your system
- 100% call recording
- Proprietary validation waterfall for all accounts
- Client-directed workflows
- All account activity seamlessly uploaded directly to your patient accounting system
- Automated and manual skip tracing services available
- Acceptance of electronic check and credit card transactions, with payments made seamlessly to your facility
- Bad debt referral and monitoring
- Monthly recon of your system of record against our system of record
- Automated Charity Scoring
- Cass certification and NCOA services for patient statement processing
- Expanded business office hours, including weekends
- Financial assistance screening
- Multiple levels of screening for government and commercial insurance plans
- Dedicated escalation team to handle patient guarantor concerns
- Dedicated early out training program
- Monthly executive recap of collections (including consulting recommendations)
- Ability to provide statement services, including monthly patient reminders
- Ability to accept and normalize multiple client files to produce a daily input file
- Payment plan monitoring with a specialized team of CSRs
- Client-driven, custom reporting packages on a variety of call center metrics and key performance indicators
- Dedicated quality assurance auditors
They systematically worked old accounts and relatively new follow-up accounts equally. They kept constant contact with us, so we never questioned where they were within the process... I highly recommend their services for third-party outsourcing.
From the initial communication with your organization, we have found your team to be extremely professional, knowledgeable and prompt during our evaluation period.
Xtend has helped us increase our cash flow, reduce the days in A/R, and improve the efficiency of our business operations.
We needed a trustworthy partner that could provide a customized solution addressing our unique revenue cycle needs, guarantee results, use our specific processes and procedures, and respond quickly. Xtend delivered all of these.